This year’s event will be held on Sunday 4th June. It is one of the largest Big Lunches in the UK with around 5000 people attending throughout the afternoon.
The event takes place from midday until 5 pm. Set up is from 9-10.30 am and a one-way traffic system will be in place during this time. Further details about the day will be emailed to you should your application be successful.
The application deadline is Friday 28th April 2017, however, all applications will be considered upon receipt. Successful applicants will be sent details of how to pay and complete their booking. Please note applications are only confirmed once fees have been paid. Spaces are limited, therefore it is essential you submit your application as soon as possible along with your completed risk assessment, public liability insurance and any other required documentation.
Pitch Fee Structure
£150 – Commercial (usually has own premises eg shop/office)
£50 – Food / Arts and Crafts / Independent Services eg facepainting
Double pitches will incur an extra £20. Anything larger will be charged double the pitch fee.
Free – Charity / Not-for-Profit Organisation
- Power supply – £20 (limited availability)
- Environmental Bond – £100 (Food stalls only)
- Local traders discount – £15 (within 20 mile radius of Bicester town centre)
|By submitting the Stall Application Form you agree to these terms and conditions and any subsequent updates. The organisers reserve the right to update these terms and conditions when necessary.
Terms and Conditions
- Bicester’s Big Lunch Committee reserve the right to allocate and locate each stall at the event.
- All fees are payable upon confirmation of successful application
- Fees are only refundable if the event is cancelled or under exceptional circumstances which must be notified in writing. A 20% cancellation charge will be deducted for any such notifications before Friday 19th May. Cancellations after this date will receive no refund.
- Stallholders are required to provide their own table(s) and gazebo if required (the gazebo should not exceed the standard size of 3m x 3m).
- Non-food stalls that will not be charging for goods/services, must provide a family-friendly activity which will need to be specified on the application form, please note Bicester’s Big Lunch Committee reserve the right to limit activities that are the same e.g. tombola.
- Where products/services are sold a pricing structure must be submitted with the application.
- No vehicle movement will be allowed on site during the event hours.
- Stall hours will be from 12 noon until 17:00.
- Stallholders are not permitted to start trading until they have been given the go ahead by the Event Safety Officer, following a Health and Safety Inspection.
- Stallholders must keep within the confines of their pitch and must not move any street furniture.
- Stallholders must remain at their pitch until the close of the event.
- All food stallholders are required to pay an Environmental Bond which is refundable if all of the terms and conditions are met.
- All stalls supplying food must provide recyclable or bio-degradable containers (boxes, plates, bowls, cups, cutlery). Failure to do so will result in the forfeit of your Environmental Bond.
- Waste water must be put in containers and not poured on the ground. Stallholders are responsible for keeping their area tidy, including frontage and preparation area. All rubbish should be placed in the appropriate recycling/composting bins/skips. Failure to clean your area or damage caused to your area will result in the forfeit of your Environmental Bond and possible additional costs.
- Disposal of materials such as waste cooking oil, hot barbecue coals and unsold food etc… must be carried out in a manner which does not cause damage to any part of the event site including drain points, refuse points or road surfaces. Damage caused to the highway, road surface, street furniture or drains through incorrect siting of equipment will be the responsibility of the stallholder and any remedial works and their associated costs will be charged to the stallholder. This will also result in the forfeit of your Environmental Bond.
- Environmental bond deposits will be returned between 2 – 6 weeks after the event. This is to allow time for the Cherwell District Council to report on any damage or loss.